Our Commitment to Play Safely: New ways to keep you safe. Learn More.
Press enter to Skip the Main Nav

Topgolf Blog

Bringlish word of the week - Bacon Rashers

As a British transplant in our Chicago office I also play the role of interpreter between our US and UK based teams.  Despite speaking the same language it's amazing how many times I have to explain words or phrases.  Each week I'll bring you the latest Bringlish word of the week!  Enjoy.

This week we're talking bacon rashers.  Confusion surfaced as we worked on our new brunch menu artwork (Yes!!! Brunch is launching soon).  The guy leading the charge on the new menus is also a British transplant and referred to bacon as bacon rashers.  Here's why½

What you (we) call bacon in the US  is what we (they) call streaky bacon in the UK.

UK bacon is back bacon, which is more ham like and more similar to Canadian bacon. Each slice of bacon is typically referred to as a rasher.

I hope my skillfully drawn pictures illustrate the difference.  If you're still confused may I suggest Google.

PS - traditional bacon rashers are DELISH! Try them on a soft bap with HP sauce for a traditional 'bacon buttie' experience!

Recent Posts

Open Australia Message

Topgolf Australia

It looks like you are visiting from the Australia region.

Redirect to topgolf.com.au

Continue topgolf.com