It was the party heard around the world.
Well at least in the U.S and U.K. It was the party of the year, where we shared our biggest milestone to date. Our 10th location was officially open, and our 10th millionth guest had walked through the doors of TopGolf! We celebrated this momentous occasion with all nine sites throwing a large party that included prizes, a $10,000 hole-in-one competition, a live DJ, $1.50 domestic pints, and "The Tribute," which was four hot dog sliders that represented both the U.K. and U.S. TopGolf locations. I mean, come on½when do you see curry on a hotdog?! We all had some great highlights of the night that we would love to share!
First up in Alexandria!
- The guest who won the chance for the $10,000 hole-in-one contest was from out of town, and it was her first time at TopGolf. Her name was Chanel!
- Almost every one of our Associates who worked during the day on Sunday came back to hang out for the party after their shift.
- I didn't die after blowing up all those balloons (Side note: we all had to blow up 300 balloons!)
- Some people who were there celebrating their birthday had no idea that the party was scheduled, but they got the best birthday gift ever when the birthday girl won a raffle prize.
- Willie (Alexandria's Director of Operations) started rapping when the DJ started playing a Jay-Z song.
Next up Austin! ½Always keeping it weird ;)
- One of the first guys who got a raffle ticket came up with a wad of cash trying to purchase more raffle tickets because he is such a huge TopGolf fan. Newsflash: the raffle tickets were FREE! And he was the first winner of a prize.
- Our hole-in-one competitor didn't realize he had won the opportunity for the shot. He came down just excited about getting a new tote bag when, in reality, he had the opportunity to shoot for $10k AND won a tote bag. :)
- Oh, and of course the Saints won! (Did we mention Meghan is from Lafayette, Louisiana?)
Third one is the charm, and Chicago brought some great memories!
- Winning ticket holder was Thomas Zelek, Jr., a regular at TopGolf, and Executive Member that we know as "T.J."
- He had shot a hole-in-one in the blue target the day prior to the event!
- Check out his hole in one shot! [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NysGFeqLLDw&feature=c4-overview&list=UU5LB9xmPDWWIKGgxa8grpRA[/youtube]
- They still kept the party rocking with a 300-mile long storm line with an EF-4 rated tornado (166-200 miles per hour)!
Our favorite party site, Dallas!
- The 10/10 party in Dallas was a HIT!
- Not only did we sell nine "The Tribute" hot dog platters in 20 minutes, our guests bought more than 300 domestic drafts!
- We had 642 people ready to compete for their chance at $10,000.
- After pulling the lottery ticket at 7:45 p.m., our DJ asked the whole tee line to stop hitting and watch the young avid golfer hit for $10k. Once he was positioned in his stance, the crowd went quiet. He shanked it so bad everyone watching yelled, "Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh" in unison.
Almost to the end with Allen!
- My favorite picture was the one of the boy doing the worm; he was one of the highlights of the night.
- The DJ kept the music pumping, and people were dancing like crazy!
- The prizes were a hit...everyone was really happy who won anything!
Lastly, BUT not least, H-Town
- Everyone felt like a VIP with all the bays completely decorated with balloons.
- I survived blowing up those 300 balloons½
- We were making it rain prizes, and the guests were going crazy with all the awesome TopGolf swag that we were giving out.
- The guy who won the chance to hit got it so close to the blue target, but everyone started chanting, "Redo redo redo redo," so we allowed him ONE more fun chance, and he literally swung and missed the shot about 15 times! Should've ended on a high note ;) but he was a great sport!
- The DJ had everyone dancing like it was a Friday night.
- We sold out of all "The Tribute," and people actually loved the curry one! Who knew?
- Random fact: Our Operations Manager Holly can do a legit drumroll sound. That's talent, America.
Until an asteroid, JZ