When I was in school, I dreaded math classes like the plague. I somehow always managed to get by, but my frustration toward formulas, geometric shapes and long division never subsided. That all changed in college when I reached Statistics 101. Somehow everything in that class made sense to me. Suddenly, the numbers weren't just numbers. They told a story. And what PR person doesn't love a good story?
Ever since that class, I became an analytics and statistics junkie. And ever since joining TopGolf, I have been highly impressed by the story our company's statistics show. I thought I would share some of our most fun statistics with you here.
- 2,281,893 people played Topgolf in 2013, a 52% increase from 2012. At the rate we are opening TopGolf locations, we expect to exceed the NFL's attendance by the year 2017.
- In 2013, 156 million balls were hit, a 90% increase from 2012. Since our guest visits increased by 52%, this means that our guests are playing more than they did in 2012. That number of golf balls could also fill 312 school busses.
Food & Beverage
- The love for burgers is universal. It's the #1 seller in both the U.S. and the U.K.
- We served 34,746 Mushi rolls, also known as Mexican-style sushi.
- Our guests prefer sweet potato fries over tater tots or a fruit cup by 2:1 and 3:1, respectively.
- The three most popular games in the U.S. are TopGolf, followed by TopScore and TopChip. In the U.K., it's TopGolf, followed by TopBreak and TopPractice.
- Guests played more than 7.8 million games in 2013, compared to 4.1 million in 2012.
- More than 2.7 million people visited TopGolf.com in 2013 - that's equivalent to every person in the city of Chicago.
- Nearly 15,000 people downloaded the TopGolf app between Sept. 4 and Dec. 31, 2013.
- The TopGolf social media following grew by more than 75% on Facebook and 100% on Twitter from 2012 to 2013.
- The most liked TopGolf Facebook page in the U.S. is TopGolf Dallas. The most followed TopGolf location Twitter page in the U.S. is @topgolfdallas.
I can't wait to see what the next chapter of the TopGolf story looks like in 2015!
*Post edited for accuracy in July 2014.