When designing Topgolf’s new fall and winter line for 2014-2015, I began looking at the style trends in early spring when all the fall and winter looks were coming out of Fashion Week. Now, you might be thinking, “How is Topgolf bringing shearling or leather to its apparel line? Or, “How is Topgolf trendy enough to keep up with the new fashion trends?” Well, before we pick out designs, we first examine color trends to steer us to what our line will consist of.
5 Fall and Winter 2014 Color Trends
1) Seen on every runway, grey is the perfect fall staple color. Glamour named it as one of the most wearable fashion trends, saying, “When black and white feel overdone, try the hue that's a happy medium of both.” Now, if you are a Topgolf Nights fan, then you also know we love to dabble in neon. We found the perfect way to add neon to the line on a neutral grey longs sleeve that has a fun gradient pattern. The Huffington Post even featured it in the article “The Fall 2014 Fashion Trends You Need In Your Closet Right Now.” Anne T. Donahue, Huffpost Style
2) Blue offers the perfect pop of color to be seen during the fall and winter. From light periwinkle to deep sapphire, designers had the blues this season. Nikki Ogunnaike, Glamour
3) One of the best resources to see upcoming color trends is the Pantone® Fashion Color Report. Here we saw a color we don’t see too often – Sangria. We got to incorporate this in both our men’ and women’s line. Sangria adds some dimension without being overwhelming if you are used to more neutral colors. Top 10 Men's Colors, Patone
4) Another color sweeping the runway is the red-hot look. It’s bold and always a classic staple for the holiday season. Dana Kruspe, Fashionista
5) Last, but not least, who doesn’t like some metallic? Well here we love mixing sporty with trendy, just like the sporty metallic seen on the Marc by Marc Jacobs pairing his items with leggings and basic black sneakers. We added some metallic additions that walk the line of being sporty trendy without going gaudy. See more at: Vogue. Laura Tortora, Vogue Italia
What to Wear: Style, Fabric and the First Look at Topgolf’s 2014 Fall/Winter Line
The minute the temperature drops, I know I’m running for my perfect fall staple – leggings/jeggings. Perfect to wear with boots, booties or any wedged sneaker/boot, plus have the perfect amount of stretch in them to fit you just right no matter what. We all know you don’t wear just ANY shirt with leggings. You have to have the right top to pull it off, or it can become a fashion faux paus.
This one is perfect as it is flowy and can be dressed up with black leggings, a bootie and a pair of statement earrings. Date night outfit at Topgolf? Yes. We are always showing some love to neons, and this gradient design is perfect for Sunday Funday brunch. Just throw on your favorite pair of jeggings, a light sporty jacket, a pair of high-top wedged sneakers and aviators. Then add a mimosa or our Signature Bloody Mary as the last accessory.
They say two is better than one, and this complements fall trends perfectly. Layering can be a great way to take simple, classic staples and bring them together for an entirely new outfit. Our hooded long sleeve would be perfect with a classic leather motto jacket to make it an everyday sporty and casual outfit.
When you look at the top sports brands out there like Nike, Under Armour and Adidas, they are always finding ways to take their athletic performance apparel and transition them to trendier everyday apparel. This is key since performance wear is comfortable, keeps you dry with moisture wicking, and it adapts with the weather you are in. Meet our new performance piece that gives you all the benefits listed above while making a perfect item you can wear on and off the course.
Lastly, we gave guys an option to either dress it up or down with our two new long-sleeve options. You have the casual cotton crewneck long sleeve that you can wear with anything, or our heather long sleeve V-neck that you can layer over a collared button up or wear alone with dark wash jeans. Both are in very soft material and do not have any neck tags.
We wanted to keep it simple with the hoodies, while still adding some awesome Topgolf touches. Our two zip-up hoodies make you feel like you are wearing your favorite fall blanket. They feature a reflective Topgolf shield on the chest. These are considered unisex as we kept the design very gender-neutral and have sizes available from XS-2XL.
Then, we have our edgier piece: the red heather hoodie with a tonal Topgolf logo on the sleeve that is very discreet and allows the piece to be the main focus. We’ve already have had the guys here call dibs on all of these, so these might go quick once the line is released!
Lastly, we are introducing our first-ever Topgolf winter scarves. The red and blue are a little bolder with the design, however still discreet with the tonal color usage. These would be perfect if you are trying to add a pop of color to your monotone fall outfit. To finish off the lineup, we leave you with the grey scarf that is perfect to go with anything, anywhere (Suits and Boots?).
The new Fall/Winter 2014-2015 Topgolf line is now available in stores, so come out and get your Topgolf gear! Now we are off to start designing Spring/Summer 2015, so stay tuned.
Until an asteroid - JZ