SATURDAY 8TH JULY - TOPGOLF WATFORD
UK entry fee: £60 per player (£120 per team)
Eventbrite Processing fees apply
Registration opens May 20th. Only 40 spots for the UK Regional Tournament. Eligibility and rules apply.
- Entry into Topgolf Tour Regional Tournament
- Minimum 3 hours of game play
- Hot breakfast
- Official Under Armour Topgolf Tour T-shirt
The Topgolf Tour is the ultimate 2-person team competition that offers the everyday golfer a chance to win a trip of a lifetime.
Teams consist of two players aged 21 or over, so pair up with a friend and get yourselves ready; there are only 40 UK places available so you'll need to be fast.
Win the regional tournament and you'll be whisked to the Tour Championship in October, which takes place in Las Vegas! Go on to win that, and you'll walk away with a cool $50,000!
So, do you fancy yourself as a Topgolf Tour Champion?
Players must be at least 21 years of age at time of the Regional Tournament their team is registered for, and legally and physically reside in the US or United Kingdom. Amateurs, teaching professionals and non-amateurs are all invited to play. Active, full-time professional golfers on any professional golf tours, such as the PGA Tour, LPGA, Web.com, PGA TOUR Canada, PGA TOUR Latinoamérica, PGA TOUR China, Symetra Tour, or other men's or women's golf tours are not eligible to participate in Topgolf Tour, unless Topgolf grants a special exemption.
Note: Non-professional players who choose to retain their amateur status may qualify and play in the Topgolf Tour Championship; however, they will not be eligible to receive the free trip to Vegas or the $50K. More info about amateur status on our FAQs page.
The UK Regional Tournament is a single-day tournaments consisting of 2 rounds of alternate-shot stroke play.
ROUND 1: TEAM STROKE PLAY All teams to play three different games - TopGolf, TopPressure, and TopShot Advanced. Cumulative scores will determine top 8 teams to advance to round 2.
ROUND 2: TEAM STROKE PLAY Top 8 Teams from Round 1 to play two games of TopShot Advanced. Cumulative scores will determine the top scoring Team who will qualify for the Tour Championship in Las Vegas.
What is Topgolf?
Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. You can challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone from the hopeful pro golfer to your neighbor's 7-year-old kid can play year-round. Just picture a 240-yard outfield with dartboard-like targets in the ground. It's not golf - it's Topgolf. Give it a shot!
Who can compete in Topgolf Tour? Do I have to be a pro?
The Topgolf Tour is the ultimate 2-person team competition that offers the everyday golfer a chance to win a trip of a lifetime and $50,000. We’re all about bringing together players who love the game, want a challenge and, ultimately, dream of becoming superstars.
This isn’t a tour for the professional
who makes a living with a club in their hands. They already have their own
This is a tour of Topgolf knowhow over status.
This is a tour of accuracy over distance (furthest target is 240 yards).
This is a tour of music, food and drinks
This is a tour of average Joe’s and Jane’s competing and having fun.
THIS IS YOUR TOUR.
What is the eligibility to play?
Players must be at least 21 years of age at time of the Regional Tournament their team is registered for, and legally and physically reside in the US or United Kingdom. Amateurs, professionals and non-amateurs are all invited to play, except for those who hold status on any PGA or LPGA affiliated Tours at the time of registration and throughout the competition. Tours exclusions include: PGA Tour, Web.com Tour, LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, European Tour, Ladies European Tour, PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour Latin America.
What do I get for winning?
Winners of the Topgolf Tour Regional Tournaments will be eligible* to receive a trip to Las Vegas, NV, to participate in the Topgolf Tour Championship weekend. The Winning Tour Championship Team will receive a $50K cash prize*
*Players who do not want to forfeit their amateur status will be required to waive their right to these prizes.
How do I register?
Teams must sign up through the official Topgolf Tour Eventbrite registration page, which will be available to the public on May 30.
A team is officially deemed to have registered when the team has completed their registration form, signed the terms and conditions, and paid the entry fee on Eventbrite.
All payments are made via our Eventbrite page. We accept Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept Amex, nor do we accept payment over the phone.
What happens after I register?
Once you register, you'll get a confirmation email. Shortly before your Regional Tournament, we'll email you with all the information you need.
After you register, please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email's address book. We send many emails with important Tour information, and sometimes they get pushed to spam folders.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
All requests to cancel must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received at least 7 days prior to the Regional Tournament your team is registered for to receive a full refund, after which date all payments are final. When you register, we custom order a t-shirt in your size and turn other potential players away if we sell out. Your registration matters!
How do I change my teammate?
If you require any teammate changes or general help you can email us at email@example.com
Can I keep my Amateur Status if I play?
Yes! You may choose to retain your amateur status by waiving your right to receive any cash prize and the trip to Las Vegas. Because competitors are swinging —using a shot specific to golf—the United States Golf Association's (USGA) Rules of Amateur Status are applicable to all Topgolf Tour competitions.
Amateur golfers may not compete for a cash prize in golf competitions if they wish to maintain their amateur status. Failure to abide by these rules may cause players to lose their amateur status. You will be prompted to indicate your preferred status at the time of registration.
United Kingdom competitors will be governed by the R&A rules of Amateur Status
How will waiving my amateur status affect me moving forward?
Waiving your amateur status will allow you to accept prizing greater than £500; however, waiving your amateur status may cause you to no longer be eligible for USGA and R&A amateur golf events such as the US or British Amateur Championship. Players may reapply for their amateur status. This process usually ranges from 1 to 2 years. For more information regarding waiving your amateur status and what may affect your status please visit randa.org
Can I bring my friends and family to watch me crush it?
Absolutely! We will want a full crowd cheering you on at every event. Signs and costumes are encouraged. Spectators may also start a tab and order food and beverage.
UK OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
The Topgolf Tour is governed by these UK Official Rules which amend and supplement the US Official Rules (see below for a link to the US Official Rules). We set out below the amended and supplemented rules and regulations that will apply to the Topgolf Tour Regional Tournament in the United Kingdom, but all players should also refer to the US Official Rules. If the US Official Rules refer to any U.S. terminology, the Sponsor reserves the right to adapt the US Official Rules and these UK Official Rules to the Topgolf Tour Regional Tournament to be held in the United Kingdom.
All capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined in these UK Official Rules, will have the meaning given in the “US Official Rules”.
- Players must be at least 21 years of age at time of the Regional Tournament their team is registered for, and legally and physically reside in the U.S. or United Kingdom. Amateurs, professionals and non-amateurs are all invited to play, except for those who hold status on any PGA or LPGA affiliated Tours at the time of registration and throughout the competition. Tours exclusions include: PGA Tour, Web.com Tour, LPGA Tour, Symetra Tour, European Tour, Ladies European Tour, PGA Tour Canada, PGA Tour Latin America.
- Non-professionals and teaching professionals with no member status on the above-mentioned Tours are welcome to compete in Topgolf Tour.
- Non-professional players who choose to retain their amateur status may qualify and play in the Topgolf Tour Championship; however, they will not be eligible to receive the free trip to Vegas or the $50K. More info about amateur status on our US Official Rules (PDF) page.
- All players by entering the Topgolf Tour agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth by the Topgolf Tour Head Officials upon registration for the Topgolf Tour Regional Tournaments, Topgolf Tour Championship, and all affiliated Topgolf Tour Events.
- All players are required to bring government issued photo identification to the Topgolf Tour Regional Tournament and Topgolf Tour Championship events to be admitted entrance into the competition.
- Alternates policy: Once a Venue's event is full, you may sign your team up for the alternate list. Should a spot become available, we will notify Alternate(s) in the order in which they have signed up. The Alternate will have 24 hours from the time of email notification to complete their online registration and pay their team registration fee on LeagueApps. If the registration process is not complete within 24 hours, the link to register will expire and we will notify the next person on the alternate list.
- Online Registration: Early registration for the Competition commences on May 20, 2017. General registration for the Competition commences at 12:00 AM GMT on May 30, 2017. Registration is Venue based and Topgolf Watford will accept up to forty (40) Teams that can participate in the UK Regional Tournament, with Sponsor reserving the right to place up to six (6) Teams of their choice, provided all of those participants meet eligibility requirements of the Official Rules and register In the manner and within the timeframe specified herein. The deadline for registration for the UK Regional Tournament is listed below. Registration is on a first-come, first served basis and will end the earlier of: (i) when all forty (40) Teams have registered for the UK Regional Tournament; or (ii) the applicable deadline listed below.
Registration Fees in the United Kingdom:
- Regular – May 30, 2017 until the registration Deadline (specified below) applicable to UK Regional Tournament at Topgolf Watford on July 8, 2017 – Registration Fee - - - £120 per Team or £60 per individual team member plus £7.09 online registration service fee for each Team – for a total of £127.09.
- A Registrant must pay for both Team members. Each Team member, however, must provide his or her registration information and agree to be bound by these Official Rules before a registration for a Team is considered completed.
- The following are the dates and location for the Regional Tournament in the United Kingdom.
- Date - 8/7/2017
- Venue - Topgolf Watford, Bushey Mill Lane, WD24 7AB
- Registration deadline - 6/7/2017
- The Regional Champion Selection and Notification as outlined in Rule 6 of the ‘US Official Rules’ shall apply to the UK.
- Rule 9 of the US Official Rules shall be amended to remove the requirement to complete a valid IRS Form W9, but shall otherwise apply to the Regional Champion Verification in the United Kingdom.
TOPGOLF TOUR REGIONAL CHAMPION PRIZE :
The trip will include: (i) round trip coach class air transportation for Regional Champion Winner which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near Regional Champion Winner’s primary residence to Destination, with an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $1500; (ii) three (3) nights hotel accommodations for each individual Team member at a hotel selected by Sponsor for Regional Champion Winner, which will be one (1) standard room based on single occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included), with an ARV of $650; and (iii) food and beverage during the Topgolf Tour Championship and pre- Topgolf Tour Championship Sponsor hosted events, with an ARV of $250 collectively (the “Regional Champion Prize”). The total ARV of each Regional Champion Prize is estimated to be $2,400.
TOPGOLF TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP PRIZES :
This Prize is only available to: (i) a Tour Champion Winner that is not an amateur; and/or (ii) a Tour Champion Winner that elected to waive their amateur status. The two (2) members of the winning Topgolf Tour Championship Team will each receive $25,000, each a (“Topgolf Tour Championship Prize”).
The Sponsor shall convert the value of such prizes into GPB at a rate of exchange reasonably selected by the Sponsor on the date of the Topgolf Tour Championship.
- It is the responsibility of each player to ensure he/she has all the required governmental documentation, including visas, to travel to the United States of America and the Sponsor shall not be responsible for obtaining any visas or for bearing or paying any related costs. If a Regional Tournament Winner fails (for any reason) to obtain a visa to enter the United States of America, the Sponsor reserves the right to select a runner-up Team to attend the Topgolf Tour Championship. Evidence (in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor) of any required governmental documentation, including visas, to travel to the United States of America must be provided by 7 August 2017. If not provided by this date the Sponsor shall select a runner-up Team to attend the Topgolf Tour Championship without any payment in compensation.
- If a Regional Champion Prize or a Topgolf Tour Championship Prize (the “Prizes”) is awarded to any person resident in the United Kingdom, such person hereby undertakes, if required by law, to declare such income to H.M. Revenue & Customs (“HMRC”) at the first opportunity and shall indemnify the Sponsor and its affiliates companies from and against any taxes that may arise in respect of receipt of the Prizes that is demanded from the Sponsor and/or its affiliates by HMRC.
- All players shall play from the same level of the venue at each Regional Tournament.
- For all games, there are 20 shots per game. Each player must hit their allotted 10 shots per game, alternating every two (2) shots. A Topgolf Game Guide can be found here.
- Round 1 bay assignments at all Regional Tournaments will be determined at random and assigned prior to the start of the tournament. Round 2 bay assignments will be based on Round 1 ranking.
- At least one (1) member of each team must sign the scorecard prior to submission after every round.
- Only the designated Tour Bay Auditor is permitted to make ball edits on the screen. All ball edits must be made prior to the next shot. Any edits that are requested once another ball has been hit will be denied. All four (4) players playing in a bay must agree to the edited score for the ball edit to be made. If the four (4) players cannot reach an agreement, the Bay Auditor will make the final decision.
- All players must hit their shots in the order directed by the game type. Any players caught hitting out of order will be eliminated from the competition.
- Any players caught hitting out of order will be eliminated from the competition.
- Any player making ball edits on their game panel will be eliminated from the competition.
- All games will have a 30-minute time limit per game. Teams will be notified at the following time markers of how much game time is remaining:
- 30 minutes (Round 1 only)
- 15 minutes
- 10 minutes
- 5 minutes
- 2 minutes
- Any balls not played once the time limit expires will be recorded as zeros.
- Golf equipment used during Competition must meet Equipment Rules as provided in Appendix II of the Rules of Golf; any participant using "illegal" equipment will be eliminated from Competition.
- The Topgolf Tour will not allow any outside use of technology devices such as Rangefinders or Electronic Measuring devices. Any such use will cause for immediate elimination from the competition. We suggest that all competitors visit their regional venue prior to the day of the event to get a feel for the layout of the Topgolf outfield and recognize the differences in our gaming experience.
- Please review the full US Official Rules PDF