We at Topgolf UK Ltd call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
- Our aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
- To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, we recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture. There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
- We commit to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
- In signing this Charter, we at Topgolf International commit to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
- Is a statement of intent from the golf industry and Topgolf UK, to unite and to focus gender balance at all levels.
- Commits us all to supporting measures to increase the number of women, girls and families playing golf.
- Calls for positive action to encourage women to pursue careers in all areas of the sport.
- Recognises the need for change that creates an inclusive environment within golf and our golf club.
Signatories commit to activate this Charter by:
- Developing and implementing an internal strategy for enhancing gender balance at every level.
- Establishing senior management responsibility and accountability for gender balance and inclusion, which is discussed and reviewed at Senior Leadership Level at Topgolf.
- Strongly advocating more women and girls playing and working in golf.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop and embed a more inclusive culture
- Promoting the Charter and our goal of encouraging more women and girls to play golf and work in golf
How we at Topgolf will achieve this:
- Run at least 2 initiatives a year to encourage women and girls to take part in golf activity at our venues.
- Be part of Girls Golf Rocks (Successful application for 2020) in our existing venues.
- Look to grow the game of golf via our alternative, inclusive format via our Bays to Fairways programme.
- Run regular initiatives and offers to encourage families to come give golf a try at Topgolf venues.
- Promote our women and girls’ offerings around our venues, on our website and on our social media accounts to encourage local community uptake.
- Look to partner with local likeminded Golf Clubs to our venues to offer a pathway from the ‘Bays to Fairways’.
- We have PGA Golf Professionals out on the tee line to help give tips, answer questions to break down the barriers any new golfers may have in giving golf a try.
- We will ensure our Topgolf Golf tournaments/competitions are gender equal.
- Once a year we will host and promote an event per venue that will promote golf to the local community as a leisure activity.
- Ensure we are SafeGolf accredited in all our venues with a Welfare Officer appointed.
- We are open to promoting a career in golf via our Topgolf Coach team for all.
- Appoint a Charter Champion within Topgolf UK who will assist with commitment as well as looking actively for opportunities to further these commitments.