What is Topgolf?
Topgolf is the premier golf entertainment complex where the competition of sport meets your favorite local hangout. You can challenge your friends and family to addictive point-scoring golf games that anyone from the hopeful pro golfer to your neighbor’s 7-year-old kid can play year-round. Just picture a 240-yard outfield with dartboard-like targets in the ground. The closer to the center or “bull’s-eye” you get and the farther out you hit your microchipped balls, the more points you receive. Score even bigger with Topgolf’s extensive food and beverage menu that is sure to impress even the pickiest foodies. It’s not golf – it’s Topgolf. Give it a shot!
Why do I need a membership card?
Topgolf balls know your name, but it’s the card that holds the value you purchased to play the games. Plus, the membership card keeps track of your score history from any game you’ve ever played.
Can I use my membership at multiple locations?
Yes. Your membership card can be used at multiple U.S. locations.*
*Please note that game play at Topgolf Alexandria or Chicago requires a membership card from that location. Membership cards purchased at Topgolf Chicago or Alexandria can only be used at those locations.
Can I make a reservation?
Topgolf is a first come first serve venue and reservations are not needed. However, if you're looking for a way to ensure you'll have a bay in the shortest time possible, you may purchase a VIP Priority Pass at myaccount.topgolf.com when you have an active Topgolf account. Priority Passes give Members the ability to select a specific date and time, up to 7 days in advance, to be added to the top of the bay list.
- Each Priority Pass is $50, good for one (1) redemption and must be made online at myaccount.topgolf.com at least 30 minutes prior to arrival. Please note that there are a limited number of times available for redemption each day, so make sure to check availability as close to 7 days in advance as possible.
- Priority Passes do not include game play. Game play value must be purchased separately.
- Priority Passes do not guarantee that Members will be provided a bay at the exact time that they selected or arrive on site. If all bays are full when a Member arrives, they will be the next in line to receive a bay when one becomes available. If there are already Members on the wait list using a Priority Pass, each new addition will then get placed directly behind those Members on the wait list.
- Members must cancel their redemption online at myaccount.topgolf.com up to 15 minutes prior to their selected time. Priority Passes are automatically removed from a Member’s account when the Priority Pass is initially redeemed, so it must be cancelled 15 minutes prior to the selected time in order to get the Priority Pass credited back to their account.
- Only one Priority Pass may be redeemed per day per Member. Priority Passes may not be redeemed for cash, memberships, or playing value.
Excludes Topgolf Alexandria and Chicago.
How do the game and technology work?
Our technology is top secret, but the game itself is simple. Think of it like bowling or darts, but for golf! When it’s your turn, you hit a golf ball containing a personalized microchip into one of 11 targets ranging from 20 to 240 yards away. Every section of every target has a reader that detects the microchip in your clever golf ball. That reader computes your score based on the accuracy and distance of the shot and then sends the score to your bay screen. No pencil and paper needed to keep score in this game!
Is the game virtual?
There’s nothing virtual about Topgolf! You use real clubs to hit regular golf balls onto our state-of-the-art outfield.
PS – If you want to play a virtual game, play your Xbox at home and let your mom bring you a snack.
Who invented Topgolf?
The smartest people in the world! Actually, it was two dudes, brothers in fact, who were bored on a driving range in North London, England and wishing they could tell exactly how far and how close to the pin their shots were. “What if,” turned into “this is awesome!”
The Great Irony: the idea came from hardcore golfers looking to improve their game, but more than half of all Topgolf guests describe themselves as non-golfers. The concept appeals both to avid golf fans and brand-new players, several million and counting, who love how easy it is to play.
What if I don't golf?
Do you like good food? Do you enjoy refreshing, cold beverages? How about hanging out with your buddies while getting some fresh air? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, then you’ll have a great time at Topgolf. Most people who play the game don’t even call themselves “golfers.” Trust us, we’ve done extensive marketing research. Anyone can play and compete, so no need to be intimidated.
Do I need my own golf clubs?
Nope, we’ve got plenty of clubs for adults (men and women) and kids. We even have clubs for the lefties. Want to know the best part? They’re free to rent. If you’re really serious about dominating the competition or just want to show off your golf bling, feel free to bring your own. We promise not to tease you.
Are the games fun for experienced golfers?
Great question! The answer is yes. We have a number of games that will put your golf skills to the test. From chipping to driving, you’ll be able to improve every aspect of your game.
Are the hitting areas inside or outside?
All of the above! The bays are climate-controlled with infrared heaters when it’s chilly and fans and cooling water misters when it’s a bit steamy. Oh, there’s also seating for up to six people in each bay and very friendly servers who will bring you tasty food and refreshing drinks.
Do you serve alcoholic beverages?
Yes, but as such, we should tell you that drinking said tasty beverages will only make you play better – or at least make you think you’re playing better.
Do you serve food and beverages in the hitting bays?
Yes, our Topgolf wait staff, more affectionately known as “Bay Hosts,” will take your order and deliver food and beverages directly to your hitting bay.
Is Topgolf a good place for events and parties?
Absolutely! Fun experiences are best shared with others. From social parties to corporate outings and charitable fundraisers, we’ve got your back. Check out our Plan an Event section to get the 411.
Can I bring my own food & beverages?
It would upset our executive chef (and you don’t want to upset our executive chef). Therefore, outside food and beverages are prohibited.
Am I able to get a replacement playing card if mine is lost?
If your Topgolf playing card is lost, stolen or damaged, just stop by the Guest Services desk on your next visit, and we will replace it for a small fee of $1/£1.
Can I transfer game credit from Topgolf Alexandria or Chicago (Wood Dale, IL) to a new membership card at Topgolf Loudoun or Naperville?
Guests may transfer their balance from an existing Topgolf Alexandria or Chicago membership card to a Topgolf Loudoun or Naperville card for up to six (6) months after Topgolf Loudoun and Naperville opens. Terms and conditions:
- Only balances held as of Thursday, June 18 may be transferred; game credit purchased after June 18, 2015, may not be transferred.
- Bulk game credit purchases are non-transferable. For example, if a Guest spent $200 to obtain $400 in game credit, only $200 is transferable and the remaining $200 balance must be used at Topgolf Alexandria or Chicago.
- The transfer works one-way from Topgolf Alexandria to Loudoun or Chicago to Naperville. (Game credit purchased at Topgolf Loudoun or Naperville may not be transferred to Alexandria or Chicago.)
Can I get a refund on existing game credits purchased
Topgolf does not issue any refunds on existing game credit.
Can I buy a Topgolf gift card?
Yes! Topgolf gift cards are a great go-to present because they’re convenient to buy, flexible to use and perfect for any age. After all, who doesn’t like a fun night out? Gift cards are available for purchase online (United States or United Kingdom) and sold at each location.
How do I request a charitable donation?
We love supporting great causes in our local communities. You can request a charitable donation on our handy Charitable Donations page. We ask that all applications be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event date.
Does Topgolf offer franchise opportunities?
Topgolf is a privately held company with no plans to franchise at this time.
What are Topgolf's safety rules?
At Topgolf, everyone’s safety is very important. Combining a few laughs, great food, and hours of Topgolf can create some epic memories. So for all parties involved, and we do mean parties, please follow these safety rules:
- Obey all verbal and posted rules and instructions. Use common sense to protect yourself and others.
- All players must hit from the mat at all times. No running starts (we all loved that movie too...)
- Only the person hitting a ball should stand beyond the red line. All other players should stand behind the red line at all times. Players are responsible for the safety of others around them and should always check their surroundings before swinging a club.
- Aim for the targets at all times - how else are you going to score? Hitting golf balls over the boundary netting is prohibited, and all players are responsible for damages or injuries caused by any balls hit outside of the premises. (TopGolf balls report back to us when they’ve lost their way outside our nets…)
- Throwing golf balls is prohibited.
- Guests under 16 should be supervised by an adult when playing.
- Players must stay behind the yellow line at all times. Please take extra care when playing from upstairs bays.
- Topgolf is not responsible for lost or stolen items
Topgolf is about having fun, let’s keep it that way, and Let’s Play.