UPDATED: June, 2021
Summary of Key Points
|Information We Collect and Bases for Processing||
We collect your name and contact information, and other information you provide us through registration pages, surveys and other submissions through this Site and at the Locations.
How Personal Information We Collect is Used
We use your information to respond to your requests for information and otherwise provide you with products and services, display in-game statistics at Locations and Site, and analyze customer behaviors and trends to enhance your experiences.
Site Usage Information & Cookies
Mobile Terms & Conditions
With your consent, we will send certain marketing text messages. However, you can unsubscribe from such messages at any time.
Contests and Sweepstakes
You are required to share certain personal information to enter contests and sweepstakes. Certain contests and sweepstakes are subject to their own terms and conditions.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your personal information about you with third parties to perform the purposes for which the information is collected, complete transactions on your behalf, respond to requests, and fulfil other business and compliance purposes.
We do not target or knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain and require appropriate technical, administrative and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information.
Data Subject Rights
You have certain rights to request access, rectification, deletion or other actions regarding your personal information where required by applicable law.
Links to Other Sites
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers of your personal information where specified by law.
Questions and More Information
Information We Collect
Below are examples of the type of information we collect and how we use that information:
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Account Registration||We collect your name, gender, age and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your age, gender or location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services.|
|Geolocation Information||We may collect geolocation data based on your use of the Site.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding the location of our users.|
|Distance Information||When you use one of our Apps we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location and your distance from one of our locations or to confirm what location you are visiting.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our contract of employment, or the anticipation of a contract of employment with you. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Game Activity||When you participate in a gameplay at one of our locations or through the WGT Application, we will collect information necessary to track your performance against other participants.||We have a legitimate interest in keeping track of your performance in games to effectively deliver our services to you.|
|Golf Lessons and Leagues||We collect your information when you sign up for golf lessons or leagues at one of our locations.||We have a legitimate interest in communicating with you regarding your golf lessons or league participation.|
|Incident Reporting||If there is a circumstance in which an incident takes place at one of our locations, we may collect information from you to ensure the incident is properly recorded and remedied.||We have a legitimate interest in resolving any incidents that take place at our various locations.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.||We have a legitimate interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Order Placement||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number when you place an order.||We use your information to perform our contract to provide you with products or services.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling our promotions.|
|Reservations||We collect your information that you provide in order to make a reservation at one of our locations.||We have a legitimate interest in facilitating your ability to make advance reservations to one of our locations.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We have a legitimate interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a legitimate interest in complying with those laws.|
|Ticketing Information||When you purchase tickets to one of our events, such as a special event at one of our locations, admission to one of our camps/academies, or a musical performance, we collect information about you to process the transaction, which includes your contact information and credit card information.||We have a legitimate interest in fulfilling your ticket purchase order.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
How Personal Information We Collect is Used
The personal information collected is combined with other information collected about you and is used and disclosed in a number of ways by us, to help us better understand and serve our customers, including:
- providing you with, or otherwise responding to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, marketing programs, forward-to-a-friend or other options in our marketing programs;
- providing you with information about new products or services, events at our Locations, events that Topgolf sponsors, including contests, sweepstakes and surveys, and other special offers and marketing programs, which may include information about partner companies or other programs any of us or them are involved with;
- displaying a member’s first and last name and/or username on Leaderboards at Locations as well as on any digital platform such as this Site and social media;
- enhancing our customers' experiences at our Locations and on this Site;
- processing payments for merchandise purchase on our Site;
- analyzing customer behaviors and trends;
- conducting research and analysis and to otherwise measure the effectiveness of our online and offline marketing efforts and to develop products, services and marketing programs;
- coordinating program activities and communications with other marketing programs conducted by us.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you complete an online purchase we may collect your information to perform our contract with you, but we also collect your information as we have a legitimate interest in maintaining your information after your transaction is complete so that we can quickly and easily respond to any questions about your order. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
We do not sell or rent to third parties any of the personal information that you provide to us through this Site or at our Locations, or authorize any of our suppliers to sell or rent any such personal information, and we do not authorize any of our suppliers to make independent use of your personal information for their own purposes, including but not limited to direct marketing. We may provide your information to partner companies with your permission and we may permit partner companies to collect your information directly from you with your permission. However, aggregated information about customers utilizing this Site, in surveys or otherwise providing information to Topgolf will be utilized by Topgolf and/or suppliers in connection with research, benchmarking and other like uses related to general usage analytics.
Site Usage Information & Cookies
Like most websites, this Site tracks the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, pages visited per use, browser type, IP addresses, exit page, duration of use, and operating system type, in order to administer the Site and analyze trends and statistics to evaluate our visitors' preferences and the effectiveness of the Site. We share anonymous, aggregated statistics about visitors to this Site with third parties, and we allow third parties to collect aggregate data through this Site and/or supplier sites accessible from or though this Site for these purposes.
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options" to exercise choices you have for certain cookies, including for interest-based advertising. If you disable or delete certain non-essential cookies, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site or services, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details. Please note you may also still receive advertisements from the relevant ad serving company you opted out of, but the ads will not be tailored to your interests. For our mobile app, please review your device settings or third party tools available.
Mobile Terms & Conditions
- You must be 13 years of age or older to participate in the Topgolf mobile text program.
- By providing your mobile phone at opt-in, you consent to receive future recurring automated marketing text messages to the mobile number provided from or on behalf of Topgolf. You also acknowledge that your agreement to receive these messages isn't required as a condition of purchase.
- Message & data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Topgolf does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages to 68633.
- You can unsubscribe at any time by texting "STOP" to 68633. A text will be sent confirming your removal. Topgolf reserves the right to remove subscribers from our messaging database. For more info, text "HELP" to 68633 or contact us online.
- This program is not available on all carriers, and Topgolf is not liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undelivered messages.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service includes your cell phone number, your carrier's name, the date, time and content of your messages, and other information you provide to Topgolf as part of this service. We use this information to contact you with products or services that may be of interests to you and to provide the services you request from us. Your information will not be shared with any third parties for their own purposes.
On occasion, Topgolf may conduct or sponsor contests/sweepstakes with the opportunity to win prizes. Each contest/sweepstakes has its own terms and conditions ("Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules"). As part of entering a contest or sweepstakes online through this Site or through a third party provider site, certain personal information (including your name, address, phone number) is required. This information will be used as described in the applicable Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules.
Notice of Financial Incentive under California Law. We offer our customers a rewards program that provides certain perks, such as rewards, promotions, and exclusive offers (the “Rewards Programs”). When you sign up for the Rewards Programs we will ask you to provide your name and email address. Because our Rewards Program involves the collection of personal information, it might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services that you obtain when you redeem points. This value is based on the expense related to offering those free or discounted products or services. You may withdraw from participating in the Rewards Programs at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com.
Sharing Your Personal Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, fraud prevention and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
In addition, we may share data in other unanticipated circumstances with your prior valid consent.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) years. This Site is directed to persons who are at least thirteen (13) years of age. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information through any point of contact, we ask to be contacted at the below email address, and we will delete the information about the child referenced from our files. If Topgolf has actual knowledge that personal information about a person under the age of 13 has been collected without appropriate parental consent, then Topgolf will take the appropriate steps to delete such information. Topgolf does not sell the personal information of minors less than 16 years of age without affirmative authorization.
Security of Your Personal Information
Topgolf takes and requires that its suppliers take reasonable and appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Although we can't guarantee that there will never be a security problem, we have in place appropriate security measures to guard against the loss or misuse of the information collected on this Site and at our Locations. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Changing Your Information - Data Subject Rights
You may be entitled to certain choices regarding your personal information. As applicable, please address written requests and questions about your rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-866-TOPGOLF (1-866-867-4653) and we will assist you with your request as soon as possible. Please note that in order to exercise these rights, we may have to verify your identity to make sure you are exercising rights related to personal information belonging to you. Depending on your request, we may request certain information from you in order to verify your identity and residency using personal information already provided by you such as your name, address, username, TopGolf product, member ID or email address, prior to granting any data subject access request, including a request for access or deletion of data. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
In some circumstances, you may also appoint an authorized agent to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf by contacting us at email@example.com. We will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us. If you are an authorized agent, please see section below regarding submitting requests.
Please note, if you elect to exercise one of your choices listed below, you will not receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights that are conferred upon you by law. You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. If you are an EU data subject, upon your request, we will provide this information to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and can transmit the information directly to another data controller. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, please contact us at the address described below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with "NO SNAIL MAIL" in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying 'STOP.'
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
- Authorized Agent. If you are an authorized agent submitting a request on behalf of an individual you must attach a copy of the following information to the request:
- A completed Authorized Agent Designation Form indicating that you have authorization to act on the consumer’s behalf.
- If you are a business, proof that you are registered with the Secretary of State to conduct business in California.
Links to Other Sites
Although we endeavor to alert you when you are about to leave our Site when you click on a link to a third party site, Topgolf does not guarantee that you will receive this alert when you leave this Site. It is your responsibility to determine when you have left this Site.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. In addition, we transfer your personal information to third party service providers to assist with various services, including, but not limited to, transaction processing and fraud prevention. These service providers may be located in other countries. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
What are the consequences of not providing personal information?
Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
South Korea Privacy Rights
Certain specific privacy rights apply to you if you are a South Korean resident. These are set out in the following sections.
Details of third-parties with whom we share your information
If you are a South Korean resident, you may request information from us about how we may share certain categories of your personal information with third parties. We may provide third parties with your information as set forth below:
|Third Party Recipients / Location||Contact Information for Personal Information Related Inquiries||Personal Information Collected,
Purposes, and Retention
|Method of Transfer|
|Authorize.net / United States||CyberSource Corporation
P.O. Box 8999
San Francisco, CA 94128
ATTN: Data Use and Privacy Office Fax: (650) 286-6547
P.O. Box 3073 Reading RG1 9YB United Kingdom
ATTN: Compliance Officer
Fax: +44 (0)118 990 7301
|Amazon.com, Inc. / United States||Customer Service
PO Box 81226 Seattle, WA 98108-1226, United States
Transfer of Information Overseas
Our computer systems are currently based in the United States ("U.S."), so at the time the personal information detailed above is collected and processed for the above mentioned purposes; it is maintained by us in the U.S. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers, including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection of the Republic of Korea. We retain your personal information based on the time period detailed below.
Collection of Opinions and Handling of Complaints
Information for California Residents
California Civil Code 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are “sold” or transferred for an organization's “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law effective January 1, 2020. You can find a list of the categories of information that we share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. If you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing please submit a written request to us using the information in the "Contact Information" section below. We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise any of their rights described in this Policy.
Questions and More Information
If you reside in the European Economic Area, you can also write to our representative in the European Union at the following address:
Topgolf Sweden AB
Svärdvägen 11 4tr, SE-182 33 Danderyd
If you reside in the United Kingdom, you can also write to our representative in the United Kingdom at the following address:
TopGolf Limited (UK)
Unit 8, Shepperton Business Park, Govett Avenue
Shepperton, TW17 8BA